Chicken Stir Fry (aka, my Healthy, Quick, Shortcut Meal)
- 1/3 large bag of frozen stir fry veggies from Costco (hey, I said it was quick, and while I'm sure any frozen stir fry veggies will do, I happen to have a serious love affair with the ones from Costco.)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- Cut the chicken breasts up into chunks.
- Coat an electric griddle with a little olive oil and heat. (I always use mine on the highest setting--you probably aren't supposed to, but I'm keeping it real here)
- Put the chicken on the griddle and cook until it is done, adding soy sauce to taste.
- Remove Chicken from the griddle and do a quick clean (I just scrape off any debris).
- Add a bit more oil if needed and add frozen veggies. Cook until hot all the way through, adding soy sauce to taste.
I put the chicken and veggies, separately, on a single platter. (My four year old gets into "building" his dinner, and I am into anything that gets him excited about vegetables. In fact, I would dress as a pirate for dinner if it would get him to eat his vegetables, but I digress.)
I also serve with Uncle Ben's Ready Rice--the brown rice. I do love rice that is ready to roll in less than 5 minutes.
Quick. Healthy. Inexpensive. Minimal Cleanup.
Do you have any quick weeknight go to meals? I'd love to hear about them!
I am not an ambassador for any of the brands mentioned in this post. I just really like them.